PROFUGO wrote -
Profugo is a grassroots non-profit organization involved in International Development. Our mission is to provide communities with access to tools and resources that enable them to build a better quality of life. Our vision is creating a world where brighter futures are possible because all communities have equal access to a better quality in life. We work alongside a community to generate social change that is sustainable, cost effective, and long lasting!
Help us launch the Social Enterprise Incubation Program!
Building on the success of Profugo’s Tailoring Program started in 2012, an Embroidery Project started in February 2015, and a Natural Medicine Workshop series this Fall, we are ready for the next big thing! We want to streamline our experience thus far and create a blue print for a program in Social Enterprise.
Social Enterprise Incubation Program Details:
- Goal: help individuals learn a skill that is worthwhile to increasing revenue
- Activities: develop new types of skill training, recruit experts in each field, develop facilities for practice skills
Social Entrepreneurship Training
- Goal: allow individuals to pursue innovative ideas and add to the marketplace
- Activities: training in management, workflows, finances, marketing, quality control, product development
- Goal: give small businesses the opportunity for growth, and provide opportunities for utilizing funds
- Activities: training in financial & computer literacy, banking skills, enterprise planning
- Goal: help current businesses innovate & expand by providing funds, marketing, and other resources
- Activities: help entrepreneurs promote & publicize business, provide support in increasing business aptitude and profitability.
$10 covers the cost of a one-day business workshop for a group of women
$25 covers the cost of a year-long entrepreneurship course for one woman
$50 covers the seed money to fund one social entrepreneur's business idea
$100 covers the start-up costs for a social enterprise project
Every $ makes a difference and 100% funds programs!
Stand with Us!
Without partners like YOU, our work would not be possible. Women like Leena continue to be encouraged that people care about her well-being. Knowing that YOU are investing into the future of her family and community, makes her more motivated than alone. Thank YOU for being an encouragement and standing together with Profugo!