PROJECT PAULA 75 - Day 2 UPDATE
August 18, 2016
BENEFITING: Paula G Hamberger Memorial Fund
Paula was always trying to make life a little better for others, and quite often she did that by giving to charities that helped many. When she died at 59 after a courageous battle with cancer, her mail started coming to our house. Not sure why that was, but it made us realize, based on the contents, just how much and to how many she gave. She was passionate about it. In an effort to provide her a way to keep on giving, we created the Paula G. Hamberger Memorial Fund.
But why PROJECT PAULA 75, you ask? Well, today (August 17th) she would have been 75 years old. So we are going to try to raise $7,500 in 75 days to celebrate her 75th birthday starting today. And we need your help.
We selected Olivia's House, a local non-profit, as beneficiary of the funds we raise (at least it is local to us) because we can see how the contributions are put to use. Here is a bit of information about Olivia's House...
Olivia's House is an organization of care giving professionals and volunteers committed to supporting grieving children. Its purpose is to facilitate healing through grief and loss education. Olivia’s House offers no cost services for children and young adults whose family member, close friend, or even pet has died. Families may call for support and services prior to, during and after the death. For more information, visit their website at www.oliviashouse.org
What will your dollars do at Olivia's House?
- $17.00 (because Paula was born on the 17th) will pay for art supplies for one child in the Hearts Can Heal Peer Support Program.
- $25.00 will pay for one grief related library book for the lending library.
- $41.00 (she was born in 1941) will buy snacks for a child in the 8 week Hearts Can Heal program.
- $75.00 (because it's PROJECT PAULA 75) buys 10 miniture world toys for the childrens' sand and water tray room. These special therapy toys are always in need and expensive.
- $100.00 (nice round number) will pay for one clinical session of bereavement counseling for a child or adult.