Race2Rebuild, Inc. wrote -
Race2Rebuild creates tangible change to our communities following natural disasters by supporting and participating in rebuilding projects and bringing families home.
Pro triathlete and coach Scott DeFillippis and coach Sam Cardona are joining forces with Race2Rebuild to launch "Project Cabo," a training and racing initiative to support continued Hurricane Odile recovery efforts in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico by racing IRONMAN Los Cabos 70.3 on October 25, 2015.
On September 14, 2014, Hurricane Odile made landfall in Los Cabos, Mexico as a Category 4 storm where more than a foot of rain fell on the Baja Peninsula as winds battered the coastal communities and inflicted widespread damage. Although Cabo has made great progress in their recovery and is thrilled to host racing events, there is still much work to be done. We can support communities recovering from disaster by racing hard and with resolve.
To join the team,
1) Purchase your race entry here.
2) Register for Race2Rebuild Project Cabo here on CrowdRise.
3) Register for a training plan here. You have the choice of a general or custom plans and the opportunity to attend weekly workout sessions in NYC.
What you'll receive:
1) Training and support from Coaches Scott and Sam
2) If selected, weekly workout sessions in NYC and/or personalized support.
3) A pre-race meetup in Los Cabos with the team, including Coach Scott and Coach Sam
4) A post-race after-party to celebrate your success
5) After the race, the opportunity to participate as a volunteer in Hurricane Odile recovery work.
6) For raising $500, a one-on-one virtual pre-race strategy session with Coach Scott.
7) For raising $1000, the virtual coaching meeting and a TIMEX Sports GPS device.
8) The opportunity to train hard, race hard, receive extraordinary coaching and make a difference in a community recovering from disaster.
Spots on our Project Cabo Team are limited and training starts August 16, so register ASAP. Cross this race off your bucket list and help move recovery forward. RACE HARD.