Hi everyone! For those of you who may or may not know me, my name is Lauren Fry. I am from Middletown, NJ. I am a proud mother to two wonderful children and the cheese to the macaroni of my partner in life, and in crime, Matthew.
I will be raising money and running in this years' 2017 TCS NYC Marathon for Project Purple. Project Purple is a Connecticut-based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization created to raise awareness, support patients and families affected by the disease, and fund research efforts to defeat pancreatic cancer.
Project Purple Fundraising Supports
Patient Financial Aid Program :
– Project Purple supports patients struggling with medical, pharmaceutical, and everyday living expenses related to their fight against pancreatic cancer.
Scholarship Program :
– Project Purple offers scholarships to the children of pancreatic cancer patients who are battling the disease or who have succumbed to the disease.
– Project Purple offers scholarships to medical students who are committed to finding a cure for pancreatic cancer.
– Project Purple funds research for early detection and finding a cure for pancreatic cancer.
– Project Purple is currently funding research at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Tufts Medical Center, and University of Nebraska Medical Center.
My initial goal of $3,500 needs to be met by October 2017.
I am hoping to exceed that by then! Running for Project Purple means the world to me. On a personal level, Pancreatic Cancer has affected members of my family and friends.
I will think of them every mile of the 26.2 on November 5th, 2017. I do this in their honor. Please help me help those who need it most!!!! Let's end this disease!!