You helped us adapt our documentary films, PLAYGROUND and JESSICA'S STORY, into a curriculum for high schools in North America, and it's already having a tremendous impact in our pilot cities.
We've been able to take the curriculum to schools in Portland, Dallas, Austin and Los Angeles, and we are looking to you to support us so that we can respond to the demand from other locations, including New York, Florida, Washington DC and many more. Our curriculum goes beyond the classrooms, giving students a platform for leadership. Through our Nest Student Forums, students are empowered to take a seat at the table and join community discussions about how to address sexual violence, exploitation and trafficking in their communities. Help us take this further.
Your support will allow us to:
• Enter a long-term commitment with a major university to study and evaluate the Nest curriculum's effectiveness. We will use these results to continuously improve the content.
• Update the content and adapt materials, including information about local laws, resources and services for each city we pilot in.
• Pay for printing, shipping and other costs associated with providing the curriculum, handouts and other support packets and materials to schools and parents.
• Hire trauma-informed facilitators to provide quality instruction and implement the curriculum effectively and sensitively.
• Train teachers, facilitators, school counselors and other members of a pilot school's community on issues related to child sexual exploitation and trafficking.
• Host student-led forums to allow young people to engage in dialogue with local leaders about solutions and local actions that can address sexual violence, exploitation and trafficking of children in their communities.
• Create additional and age-appropriate materials for younger students
• Build our capacity to sustain and expand the number of our pilot sites beyond Oregon, Texas, New York and California.
Why are we doing this? Well, we'll leave the last word to one of our students at a high school in Dallas:
"I absolutely loved the program and the curriculum. I experienced some of the same things mentioned in the videos. It was all so beautiful and I'm thankful that you guys are doing this to help inform people. Thank you so much!" - 15, female, Irma Rangel