IMPACTO students attend LAUSD schools that are among the lowest achieving in the district. Here in Boyle Heights— where poverty and a high concentration of gangs threaten to derail our youth—IMPACTO serves as a lifeline of hope. 100% of IMPACTO seniors graduate from HS, because of the skill building, support and relationships they build with staff. Our vision is to sustain a cradle to career community for all Boyle Heights residents.
This summer 160 Kinder-8th grade youth will participate in the 5 week summer program from 8:30-4pm, Monday through Friday. The IMPACTO Summer Program provides comprehensive services that enhance student's academic, social, and emotional development. This year's theme, 'Exploring Our World", will help youth develop problem solving and critical thinking skills through project based and hands on learning opportunities. Leadership development activities will strengthen student's knowledge of self, family and their neighborhood.
Your contribution, TODAY, will help ensure youth in Boyle Heights can experience all this and more. To give you a sense of the impact of your investment:
- $1,000 helps sponsor one child for a 5-week, full-day summer program full of engaging activities and field trips.
- $500 helps sponsor a bus for a field trip for 80 children
- $250 helps sponsor lunch for a month
- $100 helps pay for sports equipment and art supplies for the summer
- $50 help pay for summer supplies
Please GIVE, ANY amount makes a big difference!