BENEFITING: Conservation Lands Foundation
In his first days in office, Secretary Zinke is headed to Utah to undo protections for the Bears Ears National Monument. Zinke, Utah elected officials and the Trump Administration have put millions of acres of Utah's protected public lands on the chopping block.
UNDOING Bears Ears National Monument rolls back protections, takes public lands out of public hands and is simply unAmerican. Turning back designation would:
- DISHONOR the first Native American requested national monument designation;
- RISK looting and damage to 100,000 irreplaceable cultural and sacred sites;
- DISRESPECT the tens of thousands of American's who spoke up in support of the monument;
- THREATEN sacred lands, wildlife habitat and natural landscapes by opening them to oil and gas development;
Tell our new Secretary of the Interior, Ryan Zinke, that he can't wake away national monuments from the American people and tribal nations by doing these THREE THINGS:
- TAKE ACTION by asking your Senators to protect Bears Ears National Monument;
- Write to Secretary Zinke and tell him to keep Public Lands in Public Hands;
- DONATE to support grassroots advocates across the West
By taking action today, you are showing support for Native American tribes, support for wild open spaces and respect for grassroots and Native people who came together to make this monument possible.