Pups for Pop
Organized by: Patricia Williams
- As many of you know, Pop was very ill in December. I'm happy to report that physically he is doing well today. Unfortunately, Pop has dementia, the exact type is not known, and it has become difficult to ensure his safety at home. As a result, he is moving into Arbor Memory Care in Ponte Vedra today.
- In many respects, this will be a very positive move. Pop will have the opportunity to interact with others his age and he will have the structure he needs to be as independent as possible. Independence is extremely important to Pop!
- The downside to this move is Luna can no longer live with him, and everyone knows how much he loves Luna. Pop has also grown very fond of Rex, the consummate lap dog.
- I will do everything I can to ensure that the dogs visit Pop many times each week for kisses and walks. To do this, I will need help. Arbor Terrace is very close to my office, and I will be able to visit often, but it will be difficult for me to take the dogs more than once or twice a week. You all know he would rather see Luna than me any day! :)
- His current caregivers, Tiffany and Rosita, are more than willing to facilitate dog visits with Pop, including walks in the park for man and beast and trips to Chick Fil A.
- Pop's veterans benefits and Social Security cover only a portion of his care.
- I would like to give all of his children and grandchildren the opportunity to donate to the cause of providing Pups for Pop. The fundraising goal of $6,240 will provide two visits/outings per week for a year. I would love for Pop to have Pups visit every day!
- Any donation, large or small, will help and will mean more to Pop than a material gift.
- Also, please come on down to Ponte Vedra and visit Pop yourself! My door is always open. I would love to see you and so would Pop.
- Feel free to make your gifts anonymous and consider these random acts of kindness. I would tell you that I will make sure Pop knows who is funding all of these visits, but I don't think he would understand and it might cause him to worry.
- I will be sure to share pictures of the Pups for Pop adventures so you can see the joy that you are providing.
- Finally, Pop loves to get mail! His address is Bill Meason, c/o Arbor Terrace Memory Care, 5125 Palm Valley Road, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082.
- Love, Patti