BENEFITING: Breast Cancer Connections
EVENT DATE: Aug 22, 2014
Pure Barre Palo Alto is excited to be a part of Pure Give and support our local community by fundraising for Breast Cancer Connections. Located just down the street from our studio, Breast Cancer Connections supports people touched by breast cancer by providing comprehensive, personalized services in an atmosphere of warmth and compassion. From providing free breast screenings and diagnostics for uninsured people under the age of 40 to emotional support and wellness services to the boutique, where one can get fitted with bra and breast prosthesis free of charge, Breast Cancer Connections makes a vital contribution to the community of women affected by breast and ovarian cancer.
Services provided by Breast Cancer Connections:
- Emotional Support: Breast Cancer Connections offers a variety of support groups as well as individual peer support. Their groups are facilitated by licensed therapists and offered free of charge.
- Ovarian Cancer Support: Breast Cancer Connections is expanding their programs and services to support both breast cancer and ovarian cancer clients.
- The Boutique: The boutique offers wigs, wig accessories, scarves, breast protheses, bras, and more.
- Health and Wellness Programs: Breast Cancer Connections nurtures individuals who seek physical and emotional wellness. They invite members of the community to participate in their exercise programs, explore complementary therapies like meditation, or attend one of their workshops. Their skilled and caring facilitators support individuals in reaching their health and wellness goals.
- Access to Care: The Gabriella Patser Program was established to ensure that low-income, uninsured women and men under the age of 40 have access to critical diagnostic services for breast health problems, and to benefit from early detection of breast cancer.
- Emotional Support Services: Breast Cancer Connections offers a variety of support groups as well as individual peer support.
Pure Give will run from Friday, August 22nd through Monday, September 22nd.