Imagine the challenges of being the largest comprehensive provider of domestic violence and sexual assault services on the US/Mexico border! Each day, the Center Against Family Violence opens the doors of its Emergency Shelter for Survivors of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault, its Family Resource Center and its Battering Intervention and Prevention Program to families and individuals seeking protection, guidance, comfort and compassion. Our team of 60 bilingual staff are caring professionals who provides an array of services including support groups, counseling, education, legal and immigration advocacy.
What have we done this past year?
- Provided emergency shelter services to over 950 persons, 600 of whom were children
- Answered 5,000 calls on our Crisis Hopeline, available 24/7
- Served over 1,800 persons who came to our Family Resource Center seeking advocacy, counseling, support groups or other services
- Provided support groups, counseling and advocacy to 360 survivors of sexual assault
- Held spring and summer camps for 125 families
- Engaged 345 participants in accountability classes in our Battering Intervention and Prevention Program
- Engaged 18,000 youth in presentations on healthy relationships, dating violence, anti-bullying and social media safety
What can you do to help?
- Join the Purple Purse Challenge!
- Donate $45 to provide one day of shelter care to a survivor!
- Donate $20 to provide three meals and two snacks a day to a child in our shelter!
- Donate $55 to provide counseling to a survivor of sexual assault!
- Donate $60 to assure that 10 Crisis Hopeline calls are answered!
- Email 10 other persons and encourage them to donate to Purple Purse!
- Set up your own Team Member page and set your fund raising goal!
- Contact CAFV’s volunteer coordinator and become a volunteer!
Thank you!! You are going to make this Purple Purse Challenge a success for the Center Against Family Violence!!