BENEFITING: DAVIS CITIZENS' COALITION AGAINST VIOLENCE
ORGANIZER: DAVIS CITIZENS' COALITION AGAINST VIOLENCE
DAVIS CITIZENS' COALITION AGAINST VIOLENCE wrote -
Safe Harbor is very excited for our inaugural year participating in the Allstate Foundation's Purple Purse Challenge! We look forward to raising awareness and valuable funds to support domestic violence survivors and child witnesses to domestic violence!
Safe Harbor is the first and ONLY domestic violence service organization in Davis County, Utah. Davis County is the third most populous county in the state of Utah and we are the third busiest DV shelter in the state. Since the doors opened in 1997 our services have evolved to meet the needs of domestic violence survivors in the community and now include protective shelter, outreach services, children's services, protective order program, sexual assault program, transitional housing, 24-hour crisis response, and diversity program.
We hope you will get involved in our fundraiser and help spread the word about Safe Harbor and the need in our community!
How you can help:
1) Become a team leader and share this fundraiser on your social network to raise awareness and funds!
2) Donate to the cause! Just click the link!
3) Share this fundraiser on your page!
4) Get involved! If you can't afford to donate, please give us a call 801-444-3191 and find out about volunteering or starting a supplies drive or leading a campaign to drive traffic to this page!
Any way you can help is appreciated!
Our Vision: All individuals empowered to choose a life free of violence.
Our Mission: Safe Harbor, a non-profit organization, provides shelter, supportive services and advocacy to survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault, as well as education, awareness and resources to our community.
Safe Harbor operates with these values:
- Everyone has a right to a safe, self-determined life free of violence.
- Safe Harbor Crisis Center treats each person as an individual providing a safe place to heal and services that will help them leave better than they came.
- Interpersonal violence affects everyone.
- There is an intergenerational cycle of violence we must address with intervention, education, and community awareness. Children from violent homes experience trauma that can have a lifelong impact.
- Domestic and sexual violence are about power and control.
- Safe Harbor Crisis Center strives to create a community where violence and abuse are not tolerated.
Any donation of $20 will be entered to win a Coach bag. Yep, that means you're donation of $100 equals five entries and no you don't have to make those separately. Check out facebook for more pics! You can also enter win by emailing email@example.com
Other awesome prizes - if you donate $50 you receive a purple purse charm! Check out the photo on www.facebook.com/safeharborcrisiscenter
And we have more giveaways coming soon! So stay involved and keep giving!