HELP US...TO HELP THOSE AFFECTED BY DOMESTIC VIOLENCE!
We believe…that every person should be treated with dignity and respect.
We believe…that there is strength through collaboration and that together as a community we can combat Domestic Violence.
We believe…all women and children should have the human right to live life without fear and without barriers.
Because WE have WALKED the WALK
Because WE ARE SURVIVORS…
As a SURVIVOR led organization we serve Monroe County and all contiguous counties in New York State. We offer to women & children victimized by Domestic Violence HOPE for a NEW BEGINNING! A fresh start built on a foundation of self-sustainability and the dreams of a future free from violence!!!
Our services are aimed at providing and engaging survivors of abuse in long-term post-separation programs that support and promote independence, self-sufficiency, healthy & dignified living and the opportunity to live life without fear.
We provide to our clients at NO-COST
- 1:1 and Group Social Work & Mental Health counseling,
- Support Group,
- Job Training and Work-Readiness Training,
- Financial Literacy & Empowerment Classes-Seminars-1:1 Consultations,
- Resume Development & Career Planning Services,
- Life Management Coaching,
- Children's Character, Safety and Friendship Building Programs
- + numerous other opportunities for personal and professional development.
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE doesn't just HURT the person(s) EXPERIENCING THE ABUSE...It HURTS the ENTIRE COMMUNITY.
YOU can HELP END THE SILENCE. YOU can HELP END the CYCLE OF ABUSE.
PROVE that COMPASSION is STRONGER than VIOLENCE. LEND a HAND, TAKE a STAND...Get INVOLVED. Make a DONATION today.
Community statistics show:
- In Monroe County each year, an average of 7,000 orders of protection are issued by Family Court and Criminal Court. (rmcdvc.org)
- Nearly-half of all calls to the Monroe County Sheriff’s office are for DV incidents. (rmcdvc.org)
- Between 2009 and 2012 there was an 8% increase in the reports of DV in the suburban and rural areas of the county. (rmcdvc.org)