Putting Pride Aside
Organized by: Lauretta Sullivan
The time has come for me to put my pride aside and ask for help. It’s been a struggle to get to this point of surrendering but I have arrived. I’ll be honest, I always thought that smiling through the hard times, acting like nothing was wrong, and not accepting help was part of being a fiercely strong and independent warrior woman. Well, I also know we all need help sometimes and I now know and accept, keyword accept, this includes me too! So as hard as it is right now, I need to put my pride aside and ask for your help. Here’s a few reasons why:
1. I have lost my job
2. Unemployment was denied – I have requested an appeal
3. I am currently being evicted from my apartment
4. All of my savings has been depleted and I have no income of any kind
5. I have no food in the refrigerator or cabinets and no foodstamps
6. I need basic necessities like soap, toothpaste, toilet paper, etc.
And the kicker is…
7. I can not get any government ‘assistance’ because I have no children or disability
I am embarrassed to tell you some of what is going on in my life right now but you are my friends and family and I feel I can lay my burdens down in front of you without fear of judgment and hope of understanding. So I am asking, if you can, would you kindly help me out?
If so, please visit www.crowdrise.com/puttingprideaside where you can make a donation that goes directly to me or if you prefer, my mailing address is 422 Salem Street, Suite 105, Medford, MA 02155. Thank you in advance for your help.