Organized by: Hayley Thayer
Event Name: Women Startup Challenge
What is Queery?
- Queery is the first mobile dating application that caters to the fluidity of identity in the 21st century. Queery’s mobile environment does not subscribe to the limiting structure of categories and labels. At Queery, our startup mission is to create a mobile dating experience that meets the unique needs of people with fluid preferences for romantic and sexual partners. This includes people in the queer and LGBT communities, as well as straight-identified people whose preferences are not represented by the choices on popular dating sites.
- By providing a simple set of scales that represent Gender, Sex, and Sexuality continuums, Queery allows users to customize their identities, and account for the fluidity of their preferences. Are you a lumbersexual with a feminine communication style? Maybe you’re a heteroflexible woman seeking a little ladysex. Or perhaps you’re simply open to exploring new romantic possibilities. With Queery, users can set a range of desirable qualities in a mate, and will only be matched with users that align with their preferences. We use scales, not boxes, to streamline the connection between a unique user base and the people they desire.
Who is Queery's founder?
- Queery was founded by Hayley Thayer in 2014 and was incubated in a graduate studies course in intimacy and technology.
- Hayley is a self-identified gender queer scholar who saw an opportunity to improve her community's experience in mobile dating. Frustrated at seeing her friends not find what they were looking for on Grindr and Tinder, she decided to find a way to queer the gay mobile dating experience.
- Hayley earned her Master of Arts degree in Communication Studies and specializes in queer media studies and queer technologies.
Why should I support Queery?
- Queery is a mobile dating app created by and for queer people.
- Queery inherently queers the structure of mobile dating by transcending current limitations in mobile dating culture.
- You have the opportunity to both defy and define expectations about your identity and your preferences in a digital space.
- Meet and date other queer people who are looking for someone just like you.
How can I get Queery updates?
- To receive email updates from Queery during and beyond this campaign, email us at email@example.com.
- We will add you to Queery's email update and beta-testing list!
How can I support Queery?
- Donate to Queery. Your donations will be used to build Queery's mobile application protoype.
- Share the link to our crowdfunding page on your social media platforms with the tagline "Meet great people. (Defy)ne Expectations. Support #Queery" and tag us in your posts!
- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram @queerydating!