Tanya Maslach via Crowdrise
March 28, 2013
BENEFITING: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
EVENT DATE: Aug 11, 2013
In tribute to my little sister's life, fight and courage,I am racing three 70.3 mile triathlon races in 2013 and raising funds to support her fund for cancer research at Sloan Kettering,
- Because Christina lived all 38 years with deliciously HUGE amounts of Positive Mental Attitude -- and it still took her.
- Because Christina believed faithfully in gifting her Positive Mental Attitude with other patients, colleagues, friends and family who didn't have as much as her -- and it still took her.
- Because she served her country with courage, bravery and amazing intellect - and it still took her.
- Because my little sis loved racing in triathlons before most knew what the tri-madness was all about...'cause she was like that.
- Because she believed that life isn't always the party it's cracked up to be, and she swaggered, danced and laughed all the way through just the same.
- Because she leaves a son who should see this disease cured in his lifetime so he knows his mommy's hard, long fight wasn't in vain for all those still fighting.
And because it left me, and took her, I can and will race to raise money so the best research teams in the U.S. can find a cure for what took her.
Thank you -- Now, let's go kick some cancer-ass, shall we?
Onward and upward, always.