CORDUSA is a secular, non-profit organization that strives to facilitate sustainable social help programs in local communities and in the Indian subcontinent through processes of self-empowerment and enrichment. It is an affiliation of CORD and has several branches across USA.
Present in 700 villages in India and Sri Lanka, CORD has developed programs around Child and Maternal Health, Income Generation, Micro-financing, Education, Treatment of Differently Abled, Providing Social Justice, Women’s Leadership, etc. CORD’s programs have a deep impact; touching the lives of half a million villagers directly or indirectly across 4 states in the Indian Sub-Continent.
Some examples of this impact are:
- 30,000 people have been trained on self- help groups and micro financing
- 24,000 women in ‘Mahila Mandals’ and Self Help Groups facilitating income generation and micro-credits
- Nearly 10,000 beneficiaries in the Farm and Allied Sector
- Almost 7,000 disabled patients treated annually
- Resolved 450 social injustice legal cases
CORD NY is the chapter of CORDUSA. The mission of the New York Chapter of CORD is to raise funds for India and support local community events here in New York. We thank for you contributions and look forward to your continued support in the future.
For further details about CORD, please visit
CORD New York website - http://cordnewyork.org/cord/
CORD USA website - http://www.cordusa.org/