BENEFITING: Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center, Inc.
In the spirit of the beginning of the school year, this month we’re “RAOKing” for Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center (BCNC) in Boston. As the largest social service provider for Asian families in the Greater Boston area, BCNC responds to community needs by delivering holistic, family-centered, and culturally competent programs to over 2,000 children, youth, and adults each year.
Did you know…
- 29% of Asians in Boston live in poverty
- 40% of Asians in Boston are limited English proficient
- 31% of Chinese adults in Boston have less than a high school diploma
Your donation is helping fund the Youth Center, in particular, which supports more than 150 low income, Asian immigrant youth annually to participate in leadership, college access, and mentoring programs. Through these programs, BCNC’s mission is to ensure that low-income, working class, and immigrant Asian children, youth, and families achieve greater economic success and social well-being. To learn more, visit bcnc.net/.
Donations of any amount make a significant impact:
- $2,000 – A school year of materials for college workshops
- $1,000 – Bus for 2 out-of-state / long-distance college tours
- $500 – Group-bonding, overnight retreat for 10 youth
- $200 – Supplies and food for two parent events during the school year
- $100 – Healthy snacks for one week for 20 youth
- $50 – 2-hour training for one college mentor
- $25 – SAT book for one youth
- $10 – transportation for a local college tour for 2 youth