EVENT DATE: Apr 08, 2011
This Friday, April 8th, 2011, I will be running the Tel Aviv (Half) Marathon to raise funds for the Peres Center for Peace.
Those of you who know me know that this is not going to be easy for me. In fact all my muscles are hurting just thinking about running for the bus, let alone getting up before 6am to run over 20km.
So you know that I wouldn't be putting myself through this if i didn't truly believe in the cause. In general I don't really trust politics, and especially politicians. But I wanted to find a way to make a difference to the situation I live in, and that's how I found the Peres Center for Peace. They're an Israeli nonpolitical organization working on a simple concept - that people on both sides of the border should be able to talk, cooperate and get to know each other, and that this is the only way to truly get people to understand and trust one another, ultimately leading to a real peace between people.
So I'm asking you to open your hearts and give what you can. After all I won't be able to walk for at least a week after this, and all you have to do is support me! :)
My suggested donations:
- $21 for a 'half marathon' donation (only if you are stingy)
- $42 for a full marathon donation (yes I know i'm only running a half marathon, but don't be pedantic..)
- $210 finally we are talking...
- $420 for a super deca-marathon donation.
- Or really just go wild with the amounts and donate whatever you feel is right.
I'll see you all at the finish line (with a bit of luck).
* Your donation is 100% tax deductible for US tax payers - so you can benefit too..
you can also donate directly to the peace center via http://tinyurl.com/3tvhgzg