Attention, Raring To Go for CHI Team!
Join us in raising research funds for new treatments for congenital hyperinsulinism (HI). Your Crowdrise Raring to Go for CHI donations will be triple matched thanks to our generous CHI donors and the University of Pennsylvania Orphan Disease Center! Thanks to all of you, CHI has raised over $300,000 for congenital hyperinsulinism research. Let’s keep it up for a brighter future!
This year's theme is "Rolling Towards Research," inspired by "Cartwheels for HI," an impromptu social media campaign started by the Salinas family, in honor of their son, Enzo Stone.
We invite you, wherever you are in the world, to create your own "Raring To Go For CHI" Fundraising Team to support the work of CHI. Individual donations are also an option!
1. DONATE as an individual to an existing team
2. CREATE your own remote team
INSTRUCTIONS TO CREATE YOUR TEAM:
- Send a photo of you or your child to email@example.com and we will put it in our special 2018 Rolling for Research CHI photo frame and we’ll send it back to you for you to upload on your team page (instructions below).
- Select "CREATE Your Remote Team"
- Click "Start Your Own Fundraiser" if you are creating a new team (or "Join a Team" if yours already exists)
- Name your team "Raring To Go for CHI - TEAM ______" (name of person with HI you are Raring To Go for)
- Describe your "Raring To Go for CHI" Team and why you're cartwheeling/summersaulting/rolling/moving/walking/running/or anything!
- Upload your 2018 Rolling for Research CHI photo
- When prompted to, to “Select Charity," enter "CONGENITAL HYPERINSULINISM INTERNATIONAL, Cedar Crest NM, EIN: 203068945" And that's it! You should be ready and "Raring To Go!"
- Supercharge your campaign with social media posts about it with links to your campaign. For instance, post videos or photos of you or a team member doing a cartwheel, a summersault, a crawl, a carriage stroll, or any roll or movement of any sort, and share it on social media using the hashtag #RollingTowardsResearch!
Here’s more background on the Raring to Go for CHI Crowdrise fundraiser: Every year, Congenital Hyperinsulinism International (CHI) participates in the Million Dollar Bike Ride for Orphan Disease Research at the University of Pennsylvania. For those who cannot attend the ride in person, we have created this Crowdrise page so that you can be "Raring To Go for CHI" from anywhere in the world! The Million Dollar Bike Ride raises funds for research grants developing new therapies for rare diseases - and the University of Pennsylvania MATCHES EVERY DOLLAR WE RAISE!
We have been able to fund the following research projects that’s to the generosity of those who have donated in years past:
2017 Grant Recipient: Dr. Diva De León-Crutchlow of the Children’s Hospital of Pennsylvania and the University of Pennsylvania for a pilot study of the bihormonal bionic pancreas for the treatment of diabetes post- pancreatectomy in children with congenital hyperinsulinism - Award amount: $87,109
2016 Grant Recipient: Dr. Changhong Li of Children's Hospital of Philadelphia for drug development for a treatment for glutamate dehydrogenase hyperinsulinism - Award amount: $82,000
2015 Grant Recipient: Mark Dunne, BSc, PhD, of the University of Manchester, for research towards precision medicine in treatment of congenital hyperinsulinism in infancy - Award amount: $71,000
2014 Grant Recipient: Dr. Diva De León-Crutchlow for a pilot study of the efficacy and safety of sirolimus in the treatment of congenital hyperinsulinism - Award amount: $60,000
Here’s some more background on HI and CHI: Congenital Hyperinsulinism (HI) is a disease causing dangerously low blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia) due to the overproduction of insulin. Every year HI babies suffer permanent brain damage or death because of low blood sugars. HI’s consequences are preventable; tragically, HI is often overlooked, misdiagnosed, or even when detected, mistreated. Families with HI babies need on-going support as treatment is complicated, constant, and prolonged – many patients will battle hypoglycemia their entire lives.
Congenital Hyperinsulinism International (CHI) is the leading 501 c(3) nonprofit dedicated to improving the lives of people living with HI all over the world. CHI supports research for better treatments and a cure, raises awareness of HI and advocates for early HI detection and improved care, and supports those with HI and their families.
We want to share with you the Cartwheels for HI story, our inspiration for this year’s theme: When Enzo was an infant at CHOP recently diagnosed with HI, his parents would take daily walks outside of Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) so that they didn’t look at the same 4 walls all day. It was on one of their walks around the CHOP campus that they were letting out some energy and thus the Cartwheels for Congenital Hyperinsulinism was born. The videos of cartwheels spiraled into a huge fundraising campaign thanks to Enzo's uncle, and now the Salinas family has encouraged our community to take this campaign and ROLL WITH IT!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions about setting up your fundraising team!
Thank you so much for participating this year! And remember, your donations will be tripled!