Richard's Run for Childhood Obesity
Last Spring, I won Bravo’s “Top Chef All-Stars” competition. Today, I am working towards a new goal – completing my first marathon.
On November 6, I will lead a team of five first-time marathoners in the ING NYC Marathon to raise funds in support of the Alliance for a Healthier Generation’s fight against childhood obesity.
Our team has a combined fundraising goal of more than $50,000—and we need your support. By pledging funds on my behalf, YOU become a part of the solution in the fight against the childhood obesity epidemic.
Donate now to support Team Healthier Generation.
Together, we can end childhood obesity and empower kids to live healthier lives.
Thank you for your support!
ABOUT THE ALLIANCE:
Founded in 2005 by the American Heart Association and William J. Clinton Foundation, the Alliance for a Healthier Generation works to positively affect the places that can make a difference in a child’s health: homes, schools, doctor’s offices, and communities. The goal of the Alliance is to reduce the prevalence of childhood obesity by 2015, and to empower kids nationwide to make healthy lifestyle choices.
The Alliance for a Healthier Generation:
- Supports more than 12,000 schools and the lives of more than 7.5 million students through its Healthy Schools Program
- Activates more than 2.5 million teens and tweens to commit to eat better, move more and serve as leaders to their peers
- Facilitated an 88 percent reduction in beverage calories shipped to schools between 2004 and 2009 through a groundbreaking agreement with the beverage industry
In case you didn’t know…
- Nearly 1 in 3 kids is already overweight or obese.
- Today’s generation could be the first to live shorter lives than their parents.
- Health experts predict that the medical cost of obesity on the healthcare system will reach $1 trillion annually by 2030.
Richard's Run f…
CR Impact Points
Click the VOTE button to give Richard's Run for Childhood Obesity 100 Crowdrise Impact Points (CIPs). Vote for the Volunteers and Fundraisers that are answering the call to service, raising money for charity, and making an impact for their causes.Or do what I do and vote strictly based on height. Come back and Vote every month. CIPs can be redeemed for Crowdrise Rewards and can earn you the highly coveted, highly respected Crowdrise Royalty Status.
CR Impact Points
If you're seeing the grey VOTE button, you should feel great about yourself. It means you already voted for Richard's Run for Childhood Obesity this month. Come back next month and vote again if you still love Richard's Run for Childhood Obesity. Thanks to your vote, Richard's Run for Childhood Obesity earned 100 Crowdrise Impact Points (CIPs). CIPs can be redeemed for Crowdrise Rewards and can earn you the highly coveted, highly respected Crowdrise Royalty Status.