BENEFITING: Rebuilding Together San Francisco
EVENT: San Francisco Marathon 2014
EVENT DATE: Jul 27, 2014
Rebuilding Together San Francisco is marking its 25th year by creating its first ever marathon team. We perform critical home repairs for low income seniors and families in every corner of the city. Run with us this year and we’ll show you parts of the city you never knew!
Rebuilding Together San Francisco mobilizes teams of volunteers to repair homes and community facilities in San Francisco's underserved neighborhoods. Each dollar donated to our Rebuilding Day events creates at least $3 of market value in neighborhood repairs.
Our SF Marathon team will include 5 runners - 3 full marathon and 2 half marathon - who will run to raise funds for our critical repairs program.
These repairs include replacing rusting plumbing, installing a new furnace or water heater, and repairing broken stairs. The full marathon goal of $2620 will allow us to install 2 furnaces or 5 hot water tanks; the half marathon goal of $1310 will replace a broken staircase or cover a roof repair.
Runner Benefits include:
1. Free race entry
2. RTSF branded technical shirt for training and racing.
3. Exclusive presentation and Q&A with world record breaking ultra runner and professional coach, Ann Trason, in early June. Ann will share tips on training, nutrition and strategy for distance running.
4. Organized group runs
5. Need shoes or other gear? You'll also receive a gift certificate and shoe fitting from The San Francisco Running Company.
6. Pre-race meal
7. Race day support including gear check at the starting line, cheering teams along the way with customized team signs (your name included!)
8. Post race party at Pier 28 for you and 3 friends. (1 block from the finish line.)