Miles O'Brien's , Wild Alaskan Salmon
Preheat the broiler on high and place cast iron pan under the heat for about 10 minutes to get it very hot. Place salmon on hot pan and broil for 7-10 minutes, depending on thickness. You do not need to turn the salmon. Start checking with a fork about 6 mins into cooking-should flake easily or check with a meat thermometer. Fish should be about 3 or 4 inches from heat source.
Prep and Cook Time: About 12/15 minutes (Check re over cooking depending on your oven)
- Salmon fillet for 2, cut in half
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- sea salt and black pepper
- Dill Sauce
- 1 Cup- give or take a few drips Plain Greek yogurt
- 1 diced (small) cucumber small (leave skin on)
- 1 TBS dill weed-(I like it green so maybe a little more)
- black pepper (a few turns of the mill -I like black pepper)
Quick Broil Salmon
- To Quick Broil, preheat broiler on high and place cast iron pan under the heat for about 10 minutes to get it very hot. The pan should be 5 to 7 inches from the heat source.
- Flip salmon around in fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper. (You can Quick Broil with the skin on; add a little time to cooking about 2-3 min. The skin will peel off after cooking.)
- CAREFUL HERE Using a hot pad, pull pan away from heat and place salmon on hot pan, skin side down. Return to broiler. Keep in mind that it is cooking rapidly on both sides so it will be done very quickly, usually in 7/8 minutes depending on thickness. Test with a fork for doneness. It will flake easily when it is cooked. (I like with a little pink inside)
Combine all ingredients and serve on chilled Quick Broil Salmon. (for me I let it cool down for about 5-10mins (be sure not to leave it out longer) then put in the refrigerator to chill
MIles O'Brien Wavier ..Its not a perfect world..sometimes the phone rings and or I get a text and o well things happen..