Recovery Day Ottawa 2016
Organized by: Jason Miller
EVENT DATE Sep 24, 2016
Help us give a voice to those affected by addiction in our community.
Contribute to the official Recovery Day Ottawa celebration in the National Capital at Ottawa City Hall, on Saturday, September 24, 2016.
As a community donor, you are supporting costs such as insurance, event promotion, site and equipment rental.
ABOUT RECOVERY DAY OTTAWA
Recovery Day Ottawa is an annual community event organized by CAPSA Ottawa in the month of September.
Our purpose is to help reduce the stigma surrounding addiction and raise awareness about recovery in our community.
We endeavour to engage the broader community by building partnerships with local, provincial and national organizations and raising awareness through the #RecoveryAlly campaign.
We envision a world in which recovery from addiction is a common, celebrated reality - a world where all individuals will have access to the support they need when seeking help.
We believe by speaking out as people living in recovery, or as family, friends and supporters of those affected by addiction, we save lives.
Through our personal stories and shared experience, we hope to inspire others to join us.
Together, we demonstrate the power and proof of recovery from addiction.
- Celebrate the many pathways to recovery in our community
- Foster hope for those who still suffer from the disease of addiction
- Reduce barriers of stigma and discrimination directed towards those affected by addiction
- Engage the broader community in support of addiction recovery
- Build a platform for dialogue on increased resources for new and existing services in our community