BENEFITING: American Red Cross
EVENT DATE: May 03, 2015
Run for a reason by joining the American Red Cross in our inaugural year as a contributing charity in the 2015 Dick’s Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon. The American Red Cross has been active with the Pittsburgh Marathon for years by providing lost runner tracking, aid stations, and medical tents, but this is our first year joining the Pittsburgh Marathon’s Run for a Reason campaign. Help us reach our goal of $7,500 by joining our fundraising team Run for the Red.
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. Today, the supporters, volunteers, and employees of the American Red Cross provide compassionate care in five critical areas: Disaster Relief, Military Support, Blood Donations, Health and Safety Training, and International Services.
Run for the Red
Click the DONATE button on the right to donate to the Red Cross or join our fundraising team by clicking the FUNDRAISE FOR THIS CAMPAIGN button. By joining our team, you will get your own fundraising page to share with your friends and family and the chance to win awesome prices.
Bronze Fundraiser $200
Silver Fundraiser $500
Gold Fundraiser $750
Here’s how your fundraising can make a difference:
- $1 Vaccinate one child against the deadly threat of measles
- $10 Keep a person warm and comforted with the help of two Red Cross blankets
- $15 Train a volunteer disaster responder in your community
- $30 Allow a returning service member and their family to attend a reconnection workshop where they can work with mental health professionals to rebuild, identify PTSD and communicate clearly.
- $50 Give food and shelter to one person for one day.
- $100 Provide one emergency family kit—containing a month’s worth of supplies—to survivors of a disaster abroad.
- $500 Protect one village against the threat of measles with lifesaving vaccinations.
Your fundraising efforts power the Red Cross response to nearly 70,000 disasters a year nationwide, providing shelter, food, emotional support and other necessities to those affected. By fundraising for the Red Cross, you are there for millions of people who face emergencies every year and help as they rebuild their lives. Everything we do depends on the needs of the people that we serve, and we could not be there without the generous support from people like you.
Together we can save a life.
Need help raising money? Check out our social media for some tips!
Contact CHWPAVolunteer@RedCross.org if you have any questions.