THE RED WOLF COALITION'S PROMISE TO OUR AMBASSADOR WOLVES
Hank and Betty are the resident red wolf couple at the new red wolf exhibit in Columbia, NC. They are helping the Red Wolf Coalition continue working for the survival of endangered red wolves in the wild.
With your donations, the Coalition can:
- lead the effort to make sure their howls are never again silenced.
- take legal action to stop the killing of red wolves.
- persuade decison-makers to protect the red wolf in North Carolina.
- develop new programs that teach everyone about how cool red wolves are.
- buy them some yummy wolf treats.
Betty and Hank were born in captivity. However, their wild genes and wild heritage define who they are and guide their behavior. But without the Red Wolf Captive Breeding Program (we are part of that great program), there would be no red wolves in the wild, not anywhere.
SO WHAT IS OUR PROMISE TO BETTY AND HANK?
OUR PROMISE TO THEM IS TO MAKE SURE RED WOLVES NEVER AGAIN FALL OFF THE EDGE OF EXTINCTION IN THE WILD. WE WILL GIVE THEM THE BEST CARE, INCLUDING LOTS OF STIMULATING ACTIVITIES (LIKE FINDING HIDDEN TREATS) TO MAKE THEIR LIVES AS RICH AS POSSIBLE. WE DEPEND ON THEIR HELP TO ENGAGE PEOPLE IN MAKING SURE WILD RED WOLVES REMAIN ON THE SOUTHEASTERN LANDSCAPE. THIS IS THEIR HISTORICAL HOME. THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO BE THERE.
Please visit the Coalition at www.redwolves.com and our Red Wolf Coalition Facebook page!