BENEFITING: Down Syndrome Network, Inc.
EVENT DATE: Nov 01, 2014
Join 1,500 walkers in front of crowds of more than 30,000 at the ASU Homecoming Parade to show your support for acceptance and inclusion of individuals with Down Syndrome. This event is open to all – parents, caregivers, friends, family members and individuals with Down syndrome. Strollers, wheelchairs and wagons are welcome!
WHY: One in every 691 babies in the United States is born with Down syndrome. It is one of the most commonly occurring genetic chromosomal conditions. Funds raised by the SUDS Walk will support DSNetwork’s programs and mission to provide comprehensive education, support and advocacy for individuals and families impacted by Down syndrome, including:
• New Parent Information and Resources
• Early Intervention Education Workshops
• Parents and Schools in Partnership
• Research Resource Information
• Young Adult Social Group
• Medical Outreach
• Community Outreach & Advocacy
• Family Events and Celebrations