BENEFITING: ANTIOCH COMMUNITY CHURCH OF WACO
WHO WE ARE
- Grace House is a faith-based recovery home for women in addiction. Our desire is to see women holistically healed from chronic addiction and restored through relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Addiction affects the lives of the addict, their children and families and, ultimately, the city in which they live. Many of the women in addiction in Waco end up homeless, unemployed and on public aid or in prison.
- According to the Adverse Childhood Experiences study, those who have suffered childhood trauma are five to seven times more likely to be at risk of addiction to drugs or alcohol.
- According to the National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA), every dollar invested in treatment of someone recovering from addiction saves the city up to $12 in crime and health-related costs.
- Grace House offers a safe and supportive environment for women in addiction to heal from the wounds of their past. The program includes counseling, life-skills training, education in healthy living and job training.
- Since Grace House opened its doors in 2009, we have been able to minister to more than 30 women. As a result of this ministry, 11 children are now living with healthy mothers who are fulfilling the role of primary care-giver. Literally, generations are being changed. Three marriages have been restored and all of the graduates have become active contributors to society.
- In March of this year, it became necessary to suspend the Grace House program in order to pursue the funding needed for long-term sustainability of the home, but there are hundreds of women still waiting for help.
- Your contribution to Grace House, no matter the size, would be a tremendous blessing! All donations will go toward helping the Grace House reopen its doors this fall and our ongoing transformation ministry for women.