BENEFITING: Retreat, Inc.
ORGANIZER: Retreat, Inc.
EVENT: Purple Purse Challenge
EVENT DATE: Oct 01, 2015
The Retreat, Inc.
I've never asked any friend to support The Retreat...until now. The scourge of physical, verbal, and psychological violence is an equal opportunity destroyer. It ruins the lives of children and adults, men and women, gay and straight, rich and poor, of every color and creed. Please help us help them. Please. Thank you.
The Retreat's core services include a residential shelter, a 24/7 domestic violence crisis hotline, individual and group counseling, legal advocacy, and a violence prevention education program taught in local area schools. All services are provided free of charge.
In addition to these core services, The Retreat offers programs including:
- A self-sufficiency program for clients that includes finance management, personal development and job placement
- An initiative that works with fathers to prevent family violence and help them get back on their feet
- Classes to promote healthy relationships among teenagers
- Rental assistance to families escaping domestic violence
- Collaborative efforts to serve domestic violence victims with mental illness
- An anti-violence reeducation program for offenders
- Programs that address campus security, sexual harassment and transportation issues
- A partnership to prevent sexual violence against youth
Funds raised from the Purple Purse Challenge will benefit these corse services so that we may continue to provide them free of charge to all of our clients.