REZDAWG RESCUE INC wrote -
Help us save resilient and deserving companion animals!
We are Rez Dawg Rescue, a 501(c)(3) organization and we are stepping up for reservation animals with few options and little hope. We provide emergency veterinary care, foster homes, and transport services for native reservation strays and those in overcrowded shelters. These animals are either on "death row" or are suffering from abandonment and neglect, in and around the Navajo and Zuni Reservations. In 2013, we have been responsible for the transport of over 500 animals to safe and happy new lives, 51 of which we have successfully managed the adoptions of ourselves.
Dogs and cats in dire need are networked and transferred to other no-kill organizations, as well as brought into Rez Dawg foster homes for care and/or rehabilitation until permanent homes can be found. These rescue animals often come in need of medical attention, for causes including wound care, mange, amputations, and emaciation. We also spay or neuter and vaccinate the animals that come through our foster care. We are here to mend their broken bodies and heal their hearts but we can not do it without your support.
Your donations will directly support the following yearly operating expenses:
- Transport vehicle insurance and registration (2003 Ford E350)
- Large rescue transport travel costs and maintenence (approximately every 4-6 weeks, 1400 miles round trip)
- Spay/neuter and standard vetting of animals brought into foster (approximately $150 per animal)
- Administrative costs, liability insurances and state mandated licensing
- Dog and cat food, toys and treats for fostered animals through our organization
- Boarding for emergency situations with transports and fosters
- Local volunteer gas expenses (travel to meet adopters, pick up rescued/transferred animals and deliver to destinations)
- Emergency vetting funding (amputations, parvo treatment, malnutrition, and other emergency situations)
Your support in helping us build funds for 2014 will allow us to rescue and help animals in critical situations more quickly and effectively. There is an endless list of animals who need our help desperately, and even a little donation can go a very long way.
-The Rez Dawg Team