Strength, Courage, Awareness
Organized by: Avis Smith
Avis Smith via Crowdrise
April 26, 2015
EVENT DATE May 22, 2015
No Stranger to pain or medical debt, Richard has continued fighting a good fight since 2004.
- In April of 2004, Richard was left permanently disabled requiring both an infusion (titanium cage) to be placed in his lower lumbar and neck. In addition, he later required a Spinal Stimulator. Though the foreign objects in his body help; it still doesn't keep him out of pain or for his legs to unexpected collapse from under him.
- With Richard's past injury it caused a great hardship in which we had to sell our home (along with almost everything in it) and start from scratch. Though mostly recovered, from the first nightmare financially we still have some of that debt paying off ... to now be told he has STAGE 2 SQUAMOUS CELL (CARCINOMA) OF THE THROAT.
- Between Richard's disability income and my income, we make just enough to cover the past/present debt we have accumulated, along with rent, and utility. However, Richard is starting to accumulate MEDICAL DEBT just in preparation of his RADIATION & CHEMOTHERAPY that he is fixing to start.
- Richard will receive RADIATION THERAPY 5 days a week for at least 6 weeks & CHEMOTHERAPY 1 day a week for at least 6 weeks. In addition, once his treatment begins, (as his wife and sole care giver) I will need to take off from work causing an even greater financial burden.
- With 2 school age children at home and now the cancer of my disabled husband, it will be vital for me being there for both my husband and children. Because of this, I am coming to you and anyone else willing to help. Whether a dollar. .. or more, it all adds up and is greatly appreciated.
For those not wanting to make a sponsored donation, but would like to help; we are also selling T-Shirts until May 22, 2015. 10% of each sell goes toward the cause. Follow the link to be directed for t-shirt purchase.
Thank you for your compassion and understanding!
Thoughts and prayers,