BENEFITING: Aid for Aids International Inc.
EVENT DATE: Jul 24, 2016
Join Team AFA and ride 25, 40, 75, 50 or 100 traffic-free miles through Harlem Valley Rail Trail, while helping to raise funds and awareness for our organization. The funds raised will help people all over the world, as we distribute HIV medication in over 43 countries, as well as reaching over 110,000 youth a year with our educational and empowerment programs.
If you become part of AFA’s team, you will:
- Have your own fundraising page to customize and share, keep track of your efforts and make sure you spread the word and get everyone you want involved so you can hit your fundraising goals.
- Have the chance to ride through Harlem Valley Rail Trail free of cars, during a once a year event. There will be snacks including fresh country produce and energy bars every 14 miles to fuel participants and keep them pedaling. The routes will have full bike and medical support.
- At the finish, in Eddie Collins Memorial Field in Millerton, there will be a big country festival, complete with music and a wide variety of food, a perfect time to enjoy after the event.
- Get to know the Harlem Valley Rail Trail in a whole new way, with a bunch of new friends. And all for a great cause!
Join the team, and start getting ready for this fantastic event. Get on your bike and start training, and soon you can get online and start fundraising!
The fundraising minimum for this event is $1,000 but don’t let this intimidate you and keep you from what will certainly be a fantastic experience! We’ll be here to help, support and guide you at every turn.
To make sure you hit your goal we will provide:
- Text and templates to share by e-mail and on social media, making sure you have the benefit of our entire Development team’s experience.
- Help to keep you on track with a fundraising calendar and by making sure that this feels like a team effort!
- Help setting up your page and figuring out how to reach the people you want.
If you want to become a part of this fantastic event, click here to join the team.
Call Laura Dominguez with any questions at 212.337.8043. Ldominguez@aidforaids.org