BENEFITING: POTENTIAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
EVENT DATE: Jul 19, 2013
This year I will be completing another 320 plus mile bike trip from Cleveland, Ohio to Cincinnati, Ohio, in effort to raise money for the Potential Development Program in Youngstown, Ohio.
This year not only will I be riding my bike, but also for every goal I hit in my fundraising efforts for the Potential Development Program I will complete one of the task listed below. Most of the tasks will be completed on my bike trip!
1) The first $100 I hit, I will volunteer in our community for 1 hour. This may include going to our local park and picking up trash, assisting someone, volunteering at a local agency. Etc.
2) $200 Wear a t-shirt for a day on the trip and see how many names I can collect on my shirt
3) $300 I will ride into town find a complete stranger and let them throw a pie in my face.
4) $400 Wear my clothes inside out and backwards for a day
5) $500 the person who puts us at this mark will receive a $50 dollar gift card from restaraunt.com
6) $600 Wear underwear on my head for a mile
7) $700 Peel a banana with my feet in public
8) $800 Jason has agreed to randomly dance in public for an entire song
9) $900 Go into a fast food restaurant and randomly pick a person in line and buy their meal!
10) Once I reach $1000 dollars I will die my hair hair blue!
11) $1100 go up to a stranger and ask for a hug
12) $1200 Jason will cluck like a chicken everytime someone says his name
13) $2000 we will ride half way back home totaling almost 500 miles.
14) $3000 If we reach $3000 dollars when we hit cincinnati we will turn around and go all the way back to Cleveland via bike instead of a car! So that would total over 600 miles
Please note that we will be accepting donations until July 31, 2013, however in order to complete the task listed above we will need the contributions in before or during our trip. Any donations that come in after the trip is complete are very much appreciated, but will not count towards tasks to complete.
I will post videos and pictures of each task I do as I reach my fundraising goals! You can follow our journey across Ohio on my blog : http://theadventuresoftab.blogspot.com
I have included some information about the Potential Development program below!
The Potential Development program provides education to children with Autism or challenging behaviors.
Their mission is to provide children with autism and special needs a safe, structured and educational environment with caring, supportive services that give their students the necessary skills and independence to lead a productive life.
The Potential Development Program serves preschool and school-aged children with developmental delays, challenging behaviors and Autism Spectrum Disorder at three locations in Mahoning and Trumbull Counties.
At the Potential Development Program, children are provided the opportunity to learn in a structured environment with individualized educational plans. The extended school year begins in September, running through the end of July and offers onsite access to speech, physical and occupational therapy services.
We believe in developmentally appropriate educational, social and self-help skills that lead to a childs' overall development as well as forming a strong partnership between our parents, caregivers and staff. Our staff is specially trained in the Treatment and Education of Autistic and related Communication-handicapped Children (TEACCH) and offers a low staff - children ratio in the classrooms.
The agency has a dedicated team of long-term employees and Board members and is recognized as the local leader in helping children and families with Autism and other developmental delays.
School of Autism
880 E. Indianola Ave.
Youngstown, Ohio 44502
Potential Development Preschool
209 W. Woodland Ave.
Youngstown, Ohio 44502
885 Howland-Wilson Rd.
Howland, Ohio 44484