Right To Play wrote -
Right To Play is a global organization that uses the transformative power of play to educate and empower children facing adversity. Right To Play has developed an innovative model of play-based learning to help children create better futures while driving lasting social change in 18 countries every week. Working with children in communities affected by poverty, war and disease, Right To Play is providing access to quality education and teaching children basic life skills, such as self-esteem, conflict resolution and critical thinking all while focusing on gender equality.
This holiday season, join Right To Play Athlete Ambassadors and supporters to provide Health, Peace and Hope for over 1 million children around the world through Play.
Donations toward our holiday campaign will have direct impact on areas critical to Right To Play’s mission:
- Education – 250 million children globally are unable to read, write or do basic math. Right To Play is giving teachers the tools to reach their students through child-centered, play-based learning models. We’re building the capacity of schools and community organizations to educate more children, and to impact the development of children and youth over the long-term.
- Refugees - Right To Play has been working with refugee children for over a decade. We understand that playing sports makes things “normal,” and lifts the stress, anxiety and depression which deeply affects children recovering from the trauma of war. Most refugee camps are so overcrowded that schools can barely function. Your gift allows us to continue our programs in areas like Lebanon and Jordan so children affected by war won’t go another day feeling hopeless and uncertain.
- Health – Our educational programs teach children basic lessons about health such as how to protect against disease and to understand the facts about hygiene and sanitation, malaria, and HIV and AIDS. Your support will ensure that children are prepared to prevent disease and are educated to stay healthy.
- Gender - Women and girls are often the poorest and most vulnerable of the people we encounter in our work. We target specific challenges facing females including: violence against women and girls; gender inequality; access to education; sexual and reproductive health; and social exclusion. Right To Play focuses on gender equality and gives women and girls leadership opportunities.
- Peace & Safety - Children need safe places to learn and play. Globally, tens of millions of children are affected by conflict every year, and are put at extreme risk of violence, injury and even death. It is estimated that 250,000 children are being forced to serve as soldiers in armed conflict. These children are denied their basic rights, such as access to a decent education and healthcare. By providing opportunities for safe and fun sports we increase the chances that children will share values of peace and will begin to influence greater change among their communities.
Help give children hope… for a healthy, peaceful New Year!