Unfortunately, I lost my dog due to a toy (purchased at walmart)made of undigestable unraveling nylon fabric. I discarded the toy immediatly when seeing it had came apart, however it was to late!
Nylon is a fabric that cannot be digested by a dogs body.(I learned this after her passing) Once sallwed, the string wrapped around her tongue and continued to tighten as it processed through her digestive system. Eventually the nylon string cut through the intestinal tract and peritonitis set in. After her first surgery, Darla had to undergo a second surgery, however the damage inflicted by the unraveled undigestible fabric took her life. She was 3 year old healthy, vibrant, loving dog.
Now, I am faced with paying a 2300.00 vet bill for a dog I no longer have. Walmart is fully aware of this situation and refuses to take responsibility and remove the toy or help in paying for my vet bill. A bill I would not have, had their product been made of appropriate cotton. I have also learned that pet toys are not subjected to standards or regulations. Also I learned that pet toy manufacturers can substitute materials if they so choose, even if it is an unsafe material because they have no regulations! Please make sure to view the photos so you know what toy to avoid!
I hate to ask for help and I understand money is tight for a lot of people. (myself included). However, thank you for taking the time to read my story.
For more information on my story please go to