I have lived in New York City for more than 10 years, making me an official New Yorker! For those of you who know me, you know I LOVE the City and try to take advantage of everything that it has to offer. This year, I hope to complete the New York City Marathon, running through all five boroughs.
While I'm training for this very personal goal, I have also decided to try to give back to the city that I love and to raise money for a fantastic organization called Robin Hood, the City's largest poverty-fighting organization. To date, this organization has raised over $2.5 billion that they grant to nonprofits while simultaneously offering them business expertise, leadership training and best practices to bolster their ability to help serve the community.
Whether you can give $5, $10, $25, $100, $500 or more, please know that every dollar counts as 100% of every dollar raised goes direclty toward programs helping New Yorkers.
Look what your support can help do for the city of New York:
- $50 covers the daily wage for one formerly homeless man to participate on a work crew assignment that prepares him for full-time employment.
- $75 feeds a family of three for a week.
- $100 provides one night of safe shelter for a family.
- $360 provides a single immigrant mother with a microloan to start her own business.
- $450 provides immigrant students with a college counselor to help prepare applications for schools, scholarships, and financial aid.
- $1000 provides regular asthma treatment to a child, so they can take fewer sick days from school.
I appreciate your support both here and - hopefully - along the course route!