Hi Family, Friends, Friends of Friends & New Found Friends!!
I am running with Robin Hood this year to fill two personal goals: play a more active role in helping ameliorate NYC poverty and prove to myself that I can run a full marathon.
100% of everything given will go to fighting poverty - I've listed some of the direct impacts your money will have below. Please help me make our city a better place and help enable people to fight back against their poverty!
What your money will do:
- $50 allows a homeless man join a work crew to prepare him for full-time employment and covers his daily wage
- $75 feeds a family of three for a week
- $100 provides one night of safe shelter for a family
- $360 provides a single immigrant mother with a microloan to start her own business
- $450 provides immigrant students with a college counselor to help prepare applications for schools, scholarships, and financial aid
- $1000 provides regular asthma treatment to a child, so they can take fewer sick days from school