Secure a spot on our running playlist!
July 26, 2017
Two med students, one marathon. What could go wrong?
Gaby Mayer and I (Christina Boada) are running the New York City Marathon on behalf of the Robin Hood Foundation. As directors of the RH-funded New York City Free Clinic -- a cost-free clinic staffed by NYU students and physicians from the Institute of Family Health -- we've experienced firsthand all the good that this wonderful organization can do for healthcare inequality in New York City.
To that end: give us money!
In all reality, Robin Hood is an incredible organization that merits our support (and painfully sore legs.) Beyond helping NYC Free Clinic, look what your support can help do for the city of New York:
- $50 covers the daily wage for one formerly homeless man to participate on a work crew assignment that prepares him for full-time employment.
- $75 feeds a family of three for a week.
- $100 provides one night of safe shelter for a family.
- $360 provides a single immigrant mother with a microloan to start her own business.
- $450 provides immigrant students with a college counselor to help prepare applications for schools, scholarships, and financial aid.
- $1000 provides regular asthma treatment to a child, so they can take fewer sick days from school.
For more information about the NYC Free Clinic, see our webpage below: