June 30, 2017
Hi everyone!! This November I will be running the NYC marathon and could not be more excited to be a member of the Robin Hood Foundation team. The Robin Hood Foundation is New York City’s largest poverty-fighting organization. They develop and fund effective schools, food pantries, homeless shelters, job training centers, health facilities, legal clinics, and more. They give relief and create oppertunites so that individuals be successful and escape poverty.
Having worked in an inner city elementary school for 4 years, I have witnessed the devastating impacts and disadvantages that poverty can have on individual. Therefore, I have committed to raising $3,000 to support this necessary cause. Please help me run 26.2 miles and fight against poverty by donating whatever you can to the Robin Hood Foundation! Every amount has a positive impact.
Here are a few examples of what your support can help do for the city of New York:
- $50 covers the daily wage for one formerly homeless man to participate on a work crew assignment that prepares him for full-time employment.
- $75 feeds a family of three for a week.
- $100 provides one night of safe shelter for a family.
- $360 provides a single immigrant mother with a microloan to start her own business.
- $450 provides immigrant students with a college counselor to help prepare applications for schools, scholarships, and financial aid.
- $1000 provides regular asthma treatment to a child, so they can take fewer sick days from school.
Thank you so much for your support and look for me at the finish line in November!
Spread the love.