November 05, 2017
Dear Friends and Family:On November 5, I am running 26.2 poverty-fighting miles in the N.Y.C. Marathon for Team Robin Hood. I only wanted to run this, my first marathon, for an organization I truly believe in. This long run is intimidating to me, but I am bolstered knowing that I can count on your support to help make this run about much more than my personal bucket list.As you may know, Robin Hood targets poverty in New York City by finding, funding and partnering with 200 of the city’s most effective anti-poverty programs and schools. Robin Hood’s Board of Directors underwrites all fundraising and administrative costs—which means every penny of every donation goes directly to the best poverty-fighting programs in the city. I hope you will consider supporting me. Your gift will not only inspire me to cross the finish line, but more importantly will help save the lives of so many well-deserving families in N.Y.C.
Please visit my race webpage at https://www.crowdrise.com/dashboard/christinerohde/robin-hood-foundation-nyc-2017 to donate in honor of my Race for Robin Hood. Thank you so much for your support!
P.S. You can learn more about Robin Hood by visiting www.robinhood.org.Because Robin Hood’s board underwrites all operating costs, your donation to Robin Hood is 100% tax-deductible.
Robin Hood wrote -
Robin Hood is proud to participate in the 2017 TCS New York City Marathon. Our team of 100 runners will commit to training and raising money with the promise that 100% of every dollar will be used for Robin Hood’s relentless fight against poverty. It’s no small thing: to date, Race for Robin Hood has raised nearly $7 million dollars to aid poverty-fighting efforts.
Please help support these runners and their mission to fight poverty. You can make a donation in support of a particular runner or make a general donation in support of the entire Robin Hood team.
Look what your support can help do for the city of New York:
- $50 covers the daily wage for one formerly homeless man to participate on a work crew assignment that prepares him for full-time employment.
- $75 feeds a family of three for a week.
- $100 provides one night of safe shelter for a family.
- $360 provides a single immigrant mother with a microloan to start her own business.
- $450 provides immigrant students with a college counselor to help prepare applications for schools, scholarships, and financial aid.
- $1000 provides regular asthma treatment to a child, so they can take fewer sick days from school.