Hello! To all my dear friends, family, colleagues, I AM RUNNING THE NYC MARATHON!!
This is my first marathon (yikes) and more importantly I'm helping raise money for an incredible organization, ROBIN HOOD! I love this fund becuase like any good ol' money-making investment house, Robin Hood uses actual $ dollar-based metrics prioritize non-profits that have the biggest impact on reducing poverty in NYC.
I love that 100% goes straight to these programs and I can trust that I will get the "best bang for the buck" in my donation to Robin Hood.
For some more concrete examples of what your dollars can achieve:
- $50 covers the daily wage for one formerly homeless man to participate on a work crew assignment that prepares him for full-time employment.
- $75 feeds a family of three for a week.
- $100 provides one night of safe shelter for a family.
- $360 provides a single immigrant mother with a microloan to start her own business.
- $450 provides immigrant students with a college counselor to help prepare applications for schools, scholarships, and financial aid.
- $1000 provides regular asthma treatment to a child, so they can take fewer sick days from school.