BENEFITING: Robin Hood
ORGANIZER: Robin Hood
EVENT DATE: Nov 02, 2014
Running the NYC Marathon has always been on my "bucket list" but it was only when I found Robin Hood that I was finally motivated to dedicate the effort and make it happen. Please support people in need across our city (and long runs on early mornings!) with a donation. I appreciate your support and hope to see you along the course on Nov 2!
For more information on Robin Hood and the use of proceeds for this event, please read below.
For the past 7 years, more than 750 Robin Hood runners have crossed the finish line of the TCS New York City Marathon. Along the way, these runners have raised nearly $5 million for Robin Hood, helping to feed, shelter and heal our neighbors in need, as well as equipping them with educational and employment opportunities to improve their lives.
This year 100 runners will participate in the marathon as part of Team Robin Hood. Together they will train and raise funds, 100% of which will go to help New Yorkers in need build better lives for themselves and their families.
On race day, November 2, we invite you to join Robin Hood staff, family and friends at our famous Mile-20 block party (just off the 6-train). Cheer your favorite runners on their final leg of the race while rocking out to a DJ!
Please help support these runners and their mission to fight poverty. You can make a donation in support of a particular runner or make a general donation in support of the entire Robin Hood team. Look what your support can help do for the city of New York:
- $50 covers the daily wage for one formerly homeless man to participate on a work crew assignment that prepares him for full-time employment.
- $75 provides a day of high quality preschool for one child.
- $100 connects one low-income family to public benefits, social services, and employment counseling.
- $200 helps a woman secure a $1,500 microloan to help her launch or expand her own business.
- $750 provides a year of basic literacy training and G.E.D. test preparation for one student.
- $1000 pays for health care for one adolescent for one year.
- $1,500 provides a year of counseling for the family of a child enrolled in pre-school.
- $3,000 provides six months of psychiatric treatment for a homeless person.