BENEFITING: Robin Hood
ORGANIZER: Robin Hood
EVENT DATE: Nov 02, 2014
This year, I will be one of 100 runners participating in the NYC Marathon as part of Team Robin Hood. Together we are raising funds, 100% of which will go to help New Yorkers in need build better lives for themselves and their families.
For the past 7 years, more than 750 Robin Hood runners have crossed the finish line of the TCS New York City Marathon. Along the way, these runners have raised nearly $5 million for Robin Hood, helping to feed, shelter and heal our neighbors in need, as well as equipping them with educational and employment opportunities to improve their lives.
Please help me support Robin Hood's mission to fight poverty. Look what your support can help do for the city of New York:
- $50 covers the daily wage for one formerly homeless man to participate on a work crew assignment that prepares him for full-time employment.
- $75 provides a day of high quality preschool for one child.
- $100 connects one low-income family to public benefits, social services, and employment counseling.
- $200 helps a woman secure a $1,500 microloan to help her launch or expand her own business.
- $750 provides a year of basic literacy training and G.E.D. test preparation for one student.
- $1000 pays for health care for one adolescent for one year.
- $1,500 provides a year of counseling for the family of a child enrolled in pre-school.
- $3,000 provides six months of psychiatric treatment for a homeless person.
As one of my supporters, you will be invited to join the Robin Hood staff, family and friends at their famous Mile-20 Block Party (just off the 6-train) on Marathon Day, Sunday, November 2nd. Come cheer me and other runners on our final leg of the race!