BENEFITING: Robin Hood
ORGANIZER: Robin Hood
EVENT DATE: Nov 02, 2014
Hi Friends and Family! This year, I have set out to accomplish a lifelong goal--run a marathon!! I am lucky enough to be running with the Robin Hood Foundation Team in the 2014 NYC Marathon. Robin Hood is an amazing organization whose work supports thousands of people around New York City--including the non-profit that I work for--Uncommon Schools. Please help support the Robin Foundation in their mission to fight poverty in New York City and support me as I work to raise $1,000 to run the marathon in November.
If you donate...you'll become a permanent part of my marathon day by getting to help me pick my playlist! When you donate, please include in the note a song (upbeat is better :)) that I should include on my marathon playlist--so I can think of you on my 26.2 mile trek!!
Thanks for all your support!!!! xoxox Rebecca
- $50 covers the daily wage for one formerly homeless man to participate on a work crew assignment that prepares him for full-time employment.
- $75 provides a day of high quality preschool for one child.
- $100 connects one low-income family to public benefits, social services, and employment counseling.
- $200 helps a woman secure a $1,500 microloan to help her launch or expand her own business.
- $750 provides a year of basic literacy training and G.E.D. test preparation for one student.
- $1000 pays for health care for one adolescent for one year.