BENEFITING: Robin Hood
ORGANIZER: Robin Hood
EVENT DATE: Nov 01, 2015
On Sunday, November 1st, I successfully ran in the New York City Marathon with Team Robin Hood and I hope you are as excited (okay maybe intrigued?) as I am! If you made it this far, I imagine you have decided to support my cause of keeping NYC the place to be for people of all incomes, so THANK YOU! In a few words: You did good.
See below for all the details on why Robin Hood is more than just a cool name and a badass cartoon....
Robin Hood focuses on finding, funding and creating programs and schools that generate meaningful results for families in New York's poorest neighborhoods. Since its founding, Robin Hood has raised more than $1.95 billion in dollars, goods and services to provide hundreds of the most effective soup kitchens, homeless shelters, schools, job-training programs and other vital services that give New York’s neediest citizens the tools they need to build better lives. In addition, Robin Hood's board of directors pays all administrative, fundraising and evaluation costs, so 100% of your donation goes directly to organizations helping New Yorkers in need. (https://www.robinhood.org/about)
- $50 covers the daily wage for one formerly homeless man to participate on a work crew assignment that prepares him for full-time employment.
- $100 connects one low-income family to public benefits, social services, and employment counseling.
- $200 helps a woman secure a $1,500 micro-loan to help her launch or expand her own business.
- $750 provides a year of basic literacy training and G.E.D. test preparation for one student.
- $1000 provides meals for 833 people