BENEFITING: Robin Hood
ORGANIZER: Robin Hood
EVENT DATE: Nov 01, 2015
Hello and thanks for your support! I am excited to be running the New York City Marathon for Team Robin Hood. For those of you that don’t know, Robin Hood is a great, innovative organization dedicated to fighting poverty in NYC, and 100% of donations go directly to programs helping New Yorkers. Additional details and the impact your donation can make are below.
Thanks again for your donations and hope to see you on the streets on Nov. 1.
Robin Hood is proud to participate in the 2015 TCS New York City Marathon. Our team of 100 runners will commit to training and raising money with the promise that 100% of every dollar will be used for Robin Hood’s relentless fight against poverty. It’s no small thing: to date, Race for Robin Hood has raised nearly $5 million dollars to aid poverty-fighting efforts.
Look what your support can help do for the city of New York:
- $50 covers the daily wage for one formerly homeless man to participate on a work crew assignment that prepares him for full-time employment.
- $75 provides a day of high quality preschool for one child.
- $100 connects one low-income family to public benefits, social services, and employment counseling.
- $200 helps a woman secure a $1,500 micro-loan to help her launch or expand her own business.
- $750 provides a year of basic literacy training and G.E.D. test preparation for one student.
- $1000 pays for health care for one adolescent for one year.