BENEFITING: Robin Hood
ORGANIZER: Robin Hood
EVENT DATE: Nov 01, 2015
Friends, Family and Colleagues!
I have decided to run the NYC Marathon this year with Robin Hood! I am thrilled for many reasons but especially because I believe so strongly in Robin Hood's mission. I have worked in two schools where Robin Hood libraries transformed the school community (one of those libraries is featured in my pictures below- that's when I was on the news being an enthusiastic teacher!). By providing a lovely space and quality books these libraries have helped to create an strong literary environment in my school. My kindergartners love to visit the library and bring their books home (both English and bilingual) to share with their families.
100% of every dollar will be used for Robin Hood’s relentless fight against poverty. It’s no small thing: to date, Race for Robin Hood has raised nearly $5 million dollars to aid poverty-fighting efforts.
Help support us and our mission to fight poverty. Look what your support can help do for the city of New York:
- $50 covers the daily wage for one formerly homeless man to participate on a work crew assignment that prepares him for full-time employment.
- $75 provides a day of high quality preschool for one child.
- $100 connects one low-income family to public benefits, social services, and employment counseling.
- $200 helps a woman secure a $1,500 micro-loan to help her launch or expand her own business.
- $750 provides a year of basic literacy training and G.E.D. test preparation for one student.
- $1000 pays for health care for one adolescent for one year.