BENEFITING: Robin Hood
ORGANIZER: Robin Hood
EVENT DATE: Nov 01, 2015
I am excited to run this year's 2015 TCS New York City Marathon with Robin Hood, who is one of the biggest supporters of our work at Uncommon Schools. As many of you know, I have been working at Uncommon for the past 7 years, most recently opening our third school in Brooklyn. We simply couldn't do what we do without Robin Hood's incredible investment in our work!
Our team of 100 runners will commit to training and raising money with the promise that 100% of every dollar will be used for Robin Hood’s relentless fight against poverty. It’s no small thing: to date, Race for Robin Hood has raised nearly $5 million dollars to aid poverty-fighting efforts.
Please help support me and our team by making a donation that will significantly impact the city of New York.
- $50 covers the daily wage for one formerly homeless man to participate on a work crew assignment that prepares him for full-time employment.
- $75 provides a day of high quality preschool for one child.
- $100 connects one low-income family to public benefits, social services, and employment counseling.
- $200 helps a woman secure a $1,500 micro-loan to help her launch or expand her own business.
- $750 provides a year of basic literacy training and G.E.D. test preparation for one student.
- $1000 pays for health care for one adolescent for one year.
On race day, November 1, come to Mile 20 in the Bronx to join Robin Hood staff, family and friends cheer on all runners!
Thanks so much for all of your support!