BENEFITING: Robin Hood
ORGANIZER: Robin Hood
EVENT DATE: Nov 01, 2015
Thank you for visiting my fundraising page! I sincerely hope that you consider donating to Robin Hood. It is an amazing organization that fights poverty in New York City and I am honored to be running for them!
On race day, I will wear a sweet custom t-shirt with the names of all the people who donated to my fundraising effort. The top donor will receive a (top-secret) special honor.
Here is more information about Robin Hood!
Robin Hood is proud to participate in the 2015 TCS New York City Marathon. Our team of 100 runners will commit to training and raising money with the promise that 100% of every dollar will be used for Robin Hood’s relentless fight against poverty. It’s no small thing: to date, Race for Robin Hood has raised nearly $5 million dollars to aid poverty-fighting efforts.
Look what your support can help do for the city of New York:
- $50 covers the daily wage for one formerly homeless man to participate on a work crew assignment that prepares him for full-time employment.
- $75 provides a day of high quality preschool for one child.
- $100 connects one low-income family to public benefits, social services, and employment counseling.
- $200 helps a woman secure a $1,500 micro-loan to help her launch or expand her own business.
- $750 provides a year of basic literacy training and G.E.D. test preparation for one student.
- $1000 pays for health care for one adolescent for one year.