BENEFITING: Robin Hood
ORGANIZER: Robin Hood
EVENT DATE: Nov 01, 2015
THANK YOU in advance for all of your support. I felt it time to finally go the distance (26.2!) and am proud to be running on Team Robin Hood for the 2015 NYC Marathon. Your support is greatly appreciated and going to a fantastic cause.
Since 1988, Robin Hood has funded poverty fighting programs by applying sound investment principles to philanthropy. It helps the best charitable programs save lives and change fates by focusing on poverty prevention through education assistance and skill training. Please help support this mission to fight poverty.
Just look at how far your donation can go:
- $50 covers the daily wage for one formerly homeless man to participate on a work crew assignment that prepares him for full-time employment.
- $75 provides a day of high quality preschool for one child.
- $100 connects one low-income family to public benefits, social services, and employment counseling.
- $200 helps a woman secure a $1,500 micro-loan to help her launch or expand her own business.
- $750 provides a year of basic literacy training and G.E.D. test preparation for one student.
Lastly, on race day, November 1, feel free to come out to cheer on myself and team Robin Hood!