BENEFITING: Robin Hood
ORGANIZER: Robin Hood
EVENT DATE: Nov 01, 2015
Greetings good people!
I am excited to announce that I will be running in this year's NYC Marathon to raise money for the Robin Hood Foundation. I've been training for the marathon for the past few months but have kept it a secret. Last year, I also trained to run but got sick the week before and had to pull out. I didn't want to jinx myself this year. But I'm ready, and plan on finishing in what will perhaps be the world's slowest marathon time, for a great cause.
Our team of 100 runners has committed to training and raising money with the promise that 100% of every dollar will be used for Robin Hood’s relentless fight against poverty. It’s no small thing: to date, Race for Robin Hood has raised nearly $5 million dollars to aid poverty-fighting efforts.
On race day, November 1, I invite you to join Robin Hood staff, family and friends to cheer us on at Mile 20 in the Bronx.
Please help support me and my fellow runners and our mission to fight poverty. Look what your support can help do for the city of New York:
- $50 covers the daily wage for one formerly homeless man to participate on a work crew assignment that prepares him for full-time employment.
- $75 provides a day of high quality preschool for one child.
- $100 connects one low-income family to public benefits, social services, and employment counseling.
- $200 helps a woman secure a $1,500 micro-loan to help her launch or expand her own business.
- $750 provides a year of basic literacy training and G.E.D. test preparation for one student.
- $1000 pays for health care for one adolescent for one year.
That being said, every penny and dollar counts. Robin Hood holds a special place in my heart as they have always been significant supporters of both Excellence Boys Charter School and Zearn. The great work I've been blessed to do in NYC has been made possible by Robin Hood. That's why I'm honored to run for them this year. Please support me and their great work!!!! Please give what you can and help fight poverty in NYC.
Peace and love.